Resource Modelling and Estimation
Our geologists have extensive experience in exploration, database management, resource estimation, grade control and conditional simulation. We can take your project from grassroots exploration through the feasibility study stage and into production.
Our approach to resource estimation combines our strengths in structural geology and ore deposit geology, our understanding of geostatistical theory and our extensive resource estimation and operational mining experience. While each resource estimate is tailored to each specific project, our general procedures typically include:
- An assessment of the quantity and quality of the data available including database management and verification
- The creation of 2D and/or 3D geological and mineralisation models for the deposit
- Statistical and geostatistical analyses of the data and the determination of the most appropriate grade and density interpolation methods
- Classification and reporting according to accepted and internationally recognised guidelines
We have a large skill base and extensive experience in the use of all the major geological modelling and geostatistical software packages. Notably, the original Gemcom software was developed within SRK while more recently the Leapfrog software has been developed under a joint venture agreement with Applied Research Associates of New Zealand. These resources give SRK the flexibility to continue the use of the software that you are currently using or select the most appropriate software on new projects.
We have experience in developing and reviewing geological models and resource estimates for all commodities and deposit types. We also have a large base of competent/qualified persons as defined by the various internationally accepted resource reporting codes.
- Evaluations of exploration properties
- Reviews of exploration sampling results and QA/QC procedures
- Optimisation of drillhole targeting for resource definition
- Exploration and database management
- Creation of 2D and 3D geological, structural and mineralisation models
- Statistical and geostatistical analyses
- Resource estimation, classification and reporting for all stages of projects from scoping studies through to feasibility studies and operating mines
- Due diligence reviews of geological interpretations and resource estimates
- Metal accounting and production reconciliations