Mineral Exploration Targeting
SRK’s specialised exploration services are built on our core strengths. These include advanced structural interpretation skills, the ability to connect mineralized systems to the structural setting, systematic orebody targeting and 3D modelling. We specialise in the development of process-driven, conceptual models to identify and improve the understanding of your mineral targets. Our in-house consultants have expert knowledge of the mechanisms of orebody formation and distribution within a wide range of geological and tectonic settings.
Delivering exploration success in the growing area of deep targeting requires a much more reliable understanding of the geometry of structures in the third and fourth dimension. This need is driving the development of 3D modelling and visualisation technologies (e.g. gOcad, GeoModeller and Leapfrog software), ensuring that mineralisation targets are defined by more than one or two simple exploration or mining parameters. Utilisation of these technologies is focused directly on adding value to your project.
These new technologies are essential tools for effective 3D exploration. We use cutting-edge 3D geological and geophysical modelling methods, in conjunction with more traditional technologies to give us a distinct advantage in providing superb solutions for our clients.
- Structural and alteration analysis
- Mineral system analysis
- GIS-based fuzzy logic (expert-driven) targeting
- Weights of evidence (data-driven) targeting
- 3D geological modelling
- Orebody modelling
Other Related Services
- 3D Geological Modelling
- Remote Sensing and Geophysics
- Resource Modelling and Estimation
- Mineral Exploration Project Management
- Mineral Exploration Project Initiation
- Geological Mapping and Analysis of Drill Hole Data
- Basin Studies
- Exploration Sampling and Analysis
- Mineral Exploration QA-QC
- Structural Geology