- Mining Project Evaluation
- Geology, Resources and Exploration Services
- 3D Geological Modelling
- Remote Sensing and Geophysics
- Resource Modelling and Estimation
- Mineral Exploration Project Management
- Mineral Exploration Project Initiation
- Geological Mapping and Analysis of Drill Hole Data
- Mineral Exploration Targeting
- Basin Studies
- Exploration Sampling and Analysis
- Mineral Exploration QA-QC
- Structural Geology
- Mining Services
- Geotechnical Services
- Tailings, Heap Leach and Mine Waste
- Mining Related Environmental Services
- Water Management
- Extractive Metallurgy and Mineral Processing
Environmental and Social Services
Facilitating decisions: permitting, risk management and social license
Whether planning a mine, staying on course, suspending operations or closing a facility, mining companies need to satisfy numerous and often complex regulatory requirements while simultaneously addressing community expectations. The complexity can be compounded by a need to prove to investors that risks are handled appropriately. We can assist you in achieving your ultimate goals, whether they are an environmental permit, an investment decision, a “social license” to operate or a closure certificate.
Our practical experience with a wide range of mining projects assures the identification of environmental and social issues critical to a venture’s success. To this end, we work with mining companies to overcome any challenges; with financial institutions to identify and manage risk; and with environmental regulators to provide relevant assurances and solutions.
Environmental and social studies often require a multi-specialist approach. Technical knowledge combined with project management expertise ensures the appropriate level of study is undertaken. Our professionals have the skills and experience to reduce your risks whilst meeting project objectives in a cost and time-efficient manner.
We can assist you with monitoring programs, audits and reviews to evaluate the effectiveness of existing management systems, and identify weaknesses and risk areas in terms of potential environmental failures and community grievances. Audits also provide a forum for the exchange of technical knowledge and identification of cost reductions.
Our environmental and social data management skills can turn your data into information, enabling you to make decisions in real time. Combining appropriate technical skills and experience with available computer technologies enables the processing and integration of large and varied spatial data sets of environmental, socio-economic, mining, hydrological and geotechnical information. Outputs can be analysed and compared, allowing for multi-disciplinary decision support and implementation of unique and cost-effective solutions.
- Site characterisation
- Baseline environmental and social studies
- Permitting for mining and associated operations
- Environmental and social impact assessment
- Environmental and social management
- Environmental liability assessments and financial assurance
- Stakeholder involvement and consultation
- Resettlement planning and implementation
- Environmental and social monitoring
- Audits and reviews
- Risk assessment
- GIS mapping and information management