- Administrative & Corporate Services
- Environmental Jobs
- Geology & Resource Jobs
- Principal Resource Geologist - Russia
- Principal Resource Geologist (Russia)
- Senior Resource Estimation Geologist - Toronto, ON (North America)
- Senior Resource Geologist - Mexico (North America)
- Principal Resource Geologist - Denver, CO (North America)
- Junior Geologist - Queretaro, Mexico (North America)
- Senior - Principal Resource Estimation Geologist – Belo Horizonte, Brazil
- Geotechnical & Civil Jobs
- Mining Engineering & Rock Mechanics Jobs
- Senior Process Metallurgical Engineer (UK)
- Senior-Principal Mining Engineer - Saskatoon, SK (North America)
- Senior Mining Engineer - Cardiff
- Principal Mining Engineer - Russia
- Principal or Senior Mining Engineer - Kolkata
- Principal Mining Engineer (Russia)
- Principal Mining Engineer, Cardiff
- Senior Underground Mining Engineer - Sudbury, ON (North America)
- Senior Metallurgist - Denver, CO (North America)
- Water Management Jobs
- Intermediate Hydrogeologist - Bilingual, Queretaro, Mexico (North America)
- Senior - Principal Hydrogeologist - South Africa, Port Elizabeth
- Senior Hydrogeologist - South Africa, Durban
- Staff Geochemist - Anchorage, AK (North America)
- Hydrogeologist (Groundwater Modeler) - Denver, CO (North America)
- Intermediate Hydrogeologist - Anchorage, AK (North America)
- Australia Careers
Mining Engineering & Rock Mechanics Jobs
Mining Engineering and Rock Engineering Careers with SRK Consulting
Mining Engineers at SRK are involved in a wide variety of projects for our clients from advice on starting a new mine or expanding or extending the life of an existing mine, through to advice on mine closure. We work in open-pit mines as well as underground mines.
Examples of our services are: the full range of studies from scoping to feasibility, mine planning reviews and technical audits, mining methods selection, complete mine design, development and implementation of optimal mining strategies, drill and blast design, ventilation system design, operational assistance, reviews and improvements, financial evaluations, risk analysis, project reviews, due diligence, competent person reports, independent expert reports and stock market listing reports etc.
We use all major software design, optimization and scheduling packages including Whittle, Gemcom, Vulcan, MineSight, datamine, Surpac, Talpac, Xpac and Minemax.
We have developed an innovative and rigorous mining method selection and planning methodology which focuses on understanding the complete mining context or characteristic of the deposit.
Rock Mechanics Engineers are also members of the Mining team. These consultants have highly developed numerical modeling capabilities which together with their sound operational experience enable them to provide geotechnical design models and design parameters to assist with rock mass characterization and domain modeling, pit slope and underground stability analysis, dilution, fragmentation and caving analysis, design of underground and slope support systems and design, implementation and management of monitoring systems.
Not everyone is qualified to deliver all of the services described above. Typically consultants specialize in a couple of areas as they become more senior and more expert. Because of the nature of consulting – giving advice – we look for candidates who have operational experience through working in a mine, either underground or open-pit. Preferably experience with different ore bodies and different mining methods would be an asset.
If you are interested in joining SRK please check the job vacancies posted under this category to the left and submit your application through the appropriate channels.