Groundwater Management and Hydrogeology
SRK Consulting has extensive experience in supporting mine development projects and effective development, management and protection of ground water resources.
Operating from a well established hydrogeological base, our specialist teams of geologists, hydrogeologists and geochemists undertake all aspects of ground water studies including scoping, prefeasibility and feasibility studies. We provide a range of services related to ground water quality and quantity including resource exploration, pollution evaluation and remediation design. Ground water modeling specialists develop site specific conceptual and detailed models for the evaluation and prediction of contaminant migration, dewatering, groundwater impacts and water supply.
We assist in the design and implementation of monitoring systems, including the selection and procurement of instrumentation. Routine sampling and monitoring services are available through experienced field technicians.
Our clientele includes mining and industrial clients; local, regional and federal authorities and engineering consultants.
- Baseline characterization for scoping, prefeasibility and feasibility studies
- Design and implementation of field programs to support baseline studies
- Field services - geotechnical and hydraulic testing programs
- Dewatering assessment and prediction for underground and surface mine design
- Water supply and development studies
- Environmental impact evaluations for groundwater and surface water resources
- Numerical modeling in support of dewatering and environmental assessments
- Numerical modeling to support solution mining (lithium, potash, and uranium)
- Pit lake evaluation and mine closure
- Ground water contamination studies
- Hydrocarbon contamination assessments