3D Geological Modelling
SRK geologists combine their skills in structural and geological interpretation of ore deposits with the application of new and innovative modelling packages to construct dynamic 3D geological models. This approach creates a unique synergy between the interpretation of geological data and model construction, which is focused on testing and evaluating applied solutions in the exploration and mining process.
Expertise & Experience
Our tools include Leapfrog, gOcad, MapInfo, ER Mapper, ArcGIS and FracSIS in conjunction with conventional packages such as Gemcom, DataMine and Surpac. SRK's applied modelling workflow enables the integration of multiple 3D and 2D datasets, and the real-time, rapid evaluation of exploration targets (district to deposit-scale), while assessing controls on ore distribution, evaluating ground stability and controls on hydrogeology. These tools and our experience allows for rapid and seamless incorporation of results into resource and reserve estimations, mine planning and exploration targeting.
The success of SRK's 3D modelling approach empowers our clients. The controlled evaluation of disparate datasets within a single 3D environment unlocks the true value potential of our client's data.
Accurate mineral resource models aid the creation of effective and economic mine plans
- Compilation of historical exploration and mining datasets into a 3D environment
- Integration of 2D and 3D GIS datasets
- Terrane-scale modelling and 3D exploration targeting
- Evaluation of geological controls on ore distribution in 3D
- Resource modelling, using defined geological criteria and not by grade alone
- Country rock domain modelling, defining geotechnical and hydrogeological domains
Other Related Services
- Remote Sensing and Geophysics
- Resource Modelling and Estimation
- Mineral Exploration Project Management
- Mineral Exploration Project Initiation
- Geological Mapping and Analysis of Drill Hole Data
- Mineral Exploration Targeting
- Basin Studies
- Exploration Sampling and Analysis
- Mineral Exploration QA-QC
- Structural Geology