- Administrative & Corporate Services
- Environmental Jobs
- Geology & Resource Jobs
- Principal Resource Geologist - Russia
- Principal Resource Geologist (Russia)
- Senior Resource Estimation Geologist - Toronto, ON (North America)
- Senior Resource Geologist - Mexico (North America)
- Principal Resource Geologist - Denver, CO (North America)
- Junior Geologist - Queretaro, Mexico (North America)
- Senior - Principal Resource Estimation Geologist – Belo Horizonte, Brazil
- Geotechnical & Civil Jobs
- Mining Engineering & Rock Mechanics Jobs
- Senior Process Metallurgical Engineer (UK)
- Senior-Principal Mining Engineer - Saskatoon, SK (North America)
- Senior Mining Engineer - Cardiff
- Principal Mining Engineer - Russia
- Principal or Senior Mining Engineer - Kolkata
- Principal Mining Engineer (Russia)
- Principal Mining Engineer, Cardiff
- Senior Underground Mining Engineer - Sudbury, ON (North America)
- Senior Metallurgist - Denver, CO (North America)
- Water Management Jobs
- Intermediate Hydrogeologist - Bilingual, Queretaro, Mexico (North America)
- Senior - Principal Hydrogeologist - South Africa, Port Elizabeth
- Senior Hydrogeologist - South Africa, Durban
- Staff Geochemist - Anchorage, AK (North America)
- Hydrogeologist (Groundwater Modeler) - Denver, CO (North America)
- Intermediate Hydrogeologist - Anchorage, AK (North America)
- Australia Careers
Consultant Geochemist (UK)
SRK Consulting (UK) requires a Geochemist at a Consultant level to join an expanding geochemistry team.
Essential Requirements of the role include:
- Degree or equivalent in Geoscience or Geochemistry, preferably with a higher degree involving significant aspects of environmental geochemistry and/or hydrogeochemistry
- A good understanding of geochemistry, geology and mineralogy
- Experience using geochemical modelling software packages such as PHREEQC, MINTEQ and Geochemist’s Workbench
- Experience in the analysis of large geochemical datasets, including quality control, data interpretation and reporting
- Demonstrate a good understanding and application of health and safety in the laboratory, field and workplace
- Demonstrate excellent attention to detail and critical analysis skills
- Willingness to travel and undertake overseas fieldwork
- Knowledge of mining-related environmental issues
- Excellent report writing skills
- Effective organisation and time management skills
- Proficient in Microsoft office applications including Word and PowerPoint with specific expertise in the use of Microsoft Excel.
Desirable Requirements of the role include:
- Professional registration with appropriate institutions
- Use of statistical software and GIS packages
- Some experinece in working towards project management including proposal writing, preperation and management of budgets
- Experience with wtiring research publications and presenting findings to the scientific and business community through conferences, seminars and workshops
- Ability to speak another language ideally French, Portugese, Swedish, Kazk, Turkish or Russian
- Previous experienc of undertaking environmental monitoring and/or characterisation studies for a variety of natural resource commodities
- Post Responsibilities to include:
- To assist the UK geochemistry team in undertaking Acid Rock Drainage and Metal Leaching (ARDML) assessments of mine sites.
- To assist with analysis of large geochemical datasets and critical interpretation of geochemical data pertaining to mining environments.
- To assist with mine site water quality predictions using geochemical software such as PHREEQC, MINTEQ, Geochemist’s Workbench and PHAST
- This position involves working in multi-disciplinary teams on a range of projects in the UK and overseas and international travel will form a significant part of the role
- To undertake geochemical/environmental fieldwork and be involved in the collection of rock, soil and water samples
- To produce high quality technical reports, whcih effectively communicate detailed geochemical information to non-specialists
- To occassionaly assist in undertaking laboratoru testwork
In return we offer:
- An attractive salary package supplemented by a discretionary bonus based on Company performance.
- The opportunity for further professional development through mentoring, training and peer support.
- The opportunity to work within an established global "employee owned" consulting group and to purchase shares in the company at consulting practice or global level.
- Optional private medical and health screening schemes.
SRK (UK) will assist with reasonable relocation and removal expenses for transport of personal effects and flights to the UK together with the costs of rented accommodation for up to 4 weeks on arrival if required.
Please submit your detailed CV in the strictest of confidence to:
B Gallimore, Recruitment Co-ordinator
Telephone: + 44(0) 29 2034 8150
- Closing date: 28th of February 2013
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest in this position; however, only those selected for interview will be contacted. Candidates, however, can be assured that in keeping with SRK’s company policy any personal information submitted will be used only for recruitment purposes and treated in the strictest of confidence.