- Corporate Profile
- SRK News
- SRK re-enters Peru
- SRK opens Ghana practice
- SRK embraces changed image
- SRK opens second office in Argentina
- SRK Global appoints a new chairman
- Dr. Oskar Steffen accepts Outstanding Achievement Award
- SRK opens Mongolia office
- SRK opens new office in Zacatecas, Mexico
- SRK opens new country practice in Kazakhstan
- SRK Sweden Celebrates First Year in Business
- Second Year Running, SRK Consulting (UK) Winners of the Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work for
- SRK Consulting (UK) Celebrates 21 Years
- SRK Australia turns 15
- SRK wins ARMA rock mechanics award
- SRK Opens Chinese Office
- SRK (UK) Opens Office in Sweden
- SRK opens Jakarta office
- SRK opens Hong Kong Office
- Feature Article
- Recent Publications
- Metal Charts
- Mining Brochure
- Upcoming Events
SRK (UK) Opens Office in Sweden
SRK Consulting Opens Office in Sweden
SRK Consulting (UK) Ltd has become the first international mining consultancy to open a permanent office in Sweden. The office is in Skellefteå, a coastal town at the head of Skellefte mining district.
Sweden is the largest producer of metals in the European Union. Together with Finland and Norway, Sweden has seen a major increase in exploration and development expenditure over the last decade. This was fuelled by changes in mining laws which saw the lifting of restrictions on foreign investment and the abolition of state participation in mining projects.
Speaking about the office opening, Johan Bradley, managing director SRK (Sweden), said: “It is important for us to have an office here in Sweden, as a base for offering services to the mining sector across the region.
“Several mining companies here are forging ahead with major mine expansion programmes and as regional exploration gains momentum again, I am confident that our office will be ideally placed to assist these companies in both these areas.
SRK (Sweden) will be exhibiting at “Securing the Future” conference in Skellefteå in June 2009 and at the Fennoscandian Exploration and Mining conference in Rovaniemi, Finland in December 2009.
Formed in 1974, the SRK group now employs more than 800 professional internationally in 38 permanent offices on six continents. SRK's 1500 clients include the world's major and medium sized metal and industrial mineral mining houses, junior and mid tier exploration and mining companies, banks, construction firms and government departments.