- Administrative & Corporate Services
- Environmental Jobs
- Geology & Resource Jobs
- Principal Resource Geologist - Russia
- Principal Resource Geologist (Russia)
- Senior Resource Estimation Geologist - Toronto, ON (North America)
- Senior Resource Geologist - Mexico (North America)
- Principal Resource Geologist - Denver, CO (North America)
- Junior Geologist - Queretaro, Mexico (North America)
- Senior - Principal Resource Estimation Geologist – Belo Horizonte, Brazil
- Geotechnical & Civil Jobs
- Mining Engineering & Rock Mechanics Jobs
- Senior Process Metallurgical Engineer (UK)
- Senior-Principal Mining Engineer - Saskatoon, SK (North America)
- Senior Mining Engineer - Cardiff
- Principal Mining Engineer - Russia
- Principal or Senior Mining Engineer - Kolkata
- Principal Mining Engineer (Russia)
- Principal Mining Engineer, Cardiff
- Senior Underground Mining Engineer - Sudbury, ON (North America)
- Senior Metallurgist - Denver, CO (North America)
- Water Management Jobs
- Intermediate Hydrogeologist - Bilingual, Queretaro, Mexico (North America)
- Senior - Principal Hydrogeologist - South Africa, Port Elizabeth
- Senior Hydrogeologist - South Africa, Durban
- Staff Geochemist - Anchorage, AK (North America)
- Hydrogeologist (Groundwater Modeler) - Denver, CO (North America)
- Intermediate Hydrogeologist - Anchorage, AK (North America)
- Australia Careers
Intermediate Hydrogeologist (Bilingual) - Queretaro, Mexico (North America)
We are seeking a Bilingual (Spanish-English) Intermediate Hydrogeologist, for our Queretaro, Mexico office.
The successful candidate will consult on projects for Mexican, North American and International clients, requiring travel. Assignments will include work primarily related to the mining industry, including groundwater characterization and geochemical studies in Mexico. The ideal candidate will be a career motivated team player, eager to commit to becoming a consulting hydrogeologist. He/she will also possess the aptitude to handle a range of tasks, including field work (initially 25% to 40% of time).
Qualifications and requirements include, but may not be limited to:
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in hydrogeology or related, with an emphasis on geology, hydrology, environmental engineering or related discipline with a strong emphasis in groundwater;
- Minimum of 8 years work experience in one or more of the disciplines listed above. A master’s degree may be substituted for some of the work experience and mining-related experience will be major advantage;
- Desire to become an expert in supervising field investigations and in the collection, analysis, and interpretation of field test data for the purposes of groundwater characterization, impacts analysis, and mine water management;
- The aptitude to handle a range of tasks including drill supervision and well installation, preparation of lithological logs, aquifer testing, environmental sampling, data analysis and interpretation;
- Experience and confidence to manage hydrogeological and environmental data;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, experience with mining database software would be a plus;
- Some exposure to, and willingness, to work with groundwater numerical flow and transport models;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in Spanish and English; and
- Valid driver’s license for use in Mexico.
The successful candidate will also be expected to establish and maintain client relationships, and work in a team environment. This position requires strong networking and communications skills, and sound interpersonal capabilities.
In addition to competitive salary, we provide an extensive benefits program.
Applicants should respond by filling out an online application form. The candidates under consideration will be contacted. No phone calls please.